MODUM Fire Escape Ladder – an innovative safe and secure ladder
MODUM Fire Escape Ladder is manufactured in weather-proof anodized aluminum in a slim and elegant profile. When not in use, it is less prominent than a drainpipe. It is suitable for 2 and 3-story buildings, recommended maximum length is 10 meter.
In case of an emergency, the MODUM Fire Escape Ladder can open with a simple pull of a Release Pin, and it is ready for use in a few seconds.
With the anti-slip aluminum rungs, climbing and going down is safe and easy.
The ladder is tamper proof and can only be opened from above - thus preventing unauthorized access from the ground.
MODUM Fire Escape Ladders are available in standard aluminum. All RAL colors can be made to order.
- The original foldable ladders, designed and manufactured by MODUM ApS in Denmark.
- Full anodized aluminum construction and stainless-steel fixings provide excellent durability when combined with professional installation we provide 15 years product warranty.
- The profiles are rebated in a perfect fit and the ladder is weatherproof and maintenance free.
- The slimline, fold-away design has a closed profile of only 72 mm.
- Anti-slip aluminum rungs are concealed inside the ladder's profile.
- Anti-tamper locking pin at the height of the escape window eliminates unauthorized use of the ladder from ground level.
- Optional MODUM harness for extra safety.
- The installation process is very simple and it is usually completed in less than an hour.
- The Release Pin is 100% acid-proof stainless steel and it is mounted in a nylon liner to prevent corrosion.
- Test report from SP - Sveriges Tekniska Forskningsinstitut.
- SINTEF Teknisk Godkjenning, Norway.
- MODUM Escape Ladder is approved in accordance with the European Standard NS-EN 131. (N.B. The optional MODUM harness is not included in the approval).
- Stability for a 2.4 m ladder:
- Vertical stability: 9.5 kN = 969 kg.
- Horizontal stability: 2 kN = 204 kg.
- Folded 72 mm depth x 47 mm wide.
- Open 398 mm depth x 47 mm wide.
- Weight 3,1 kg per running meter.
- Standard length:
1.500 mm / 1.800 mm.
- 2.100 mm / 2.400 mm / 2.700 mm.
- 3.000 mm / 3.300 mm / 3.600 mm.
- 4.200 mm / 4.500 mm / 4.800 mm.
- 5.100 mm / 5.400 mm.